Sunday, November 11, 2007

Reading Richard Winters' book

I have purchased Major Richard "Dick" Winters' book from Barnes & Noble. I paid $24.95 for it. And so far it's been more than well worth the asking price. I currently working on chapter 2. The book at this point is riveting. I enjoy reading the things I know about.

This book so far has been a very good read. Its a damn good book so far. I recommend it to any WWII enthusiast.

So far I have read about how he grew up, what he did in his first year and a half of training, what his thoughts were on Perl Harbor, and Sobel. As well as his D-Day jump. That's as far as I have gotten already. But I will certainly read some more tonight before I go to bed.

Book Information:

Title: "Beyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters" by, Major Dick Winters with Colonel Cole C. Kingseed. You can find this book at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ for $24.95.

Another book to try out, is "Brothers in Battle - Best of Friends" by William "Wild Bill" Guarnere and Edward "Babe" Heffron with Robyn Post, also at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ for $24.95.

I have already read Brothers in Battle - Best of Friends: awesome read! Many funny parts too! There is a letter that Johnny Martin wrote to Bill after Bill went home; very touching. If you love Band of Brothers, WWII, or Major Winters - you need to get Brothers in Battle - Best of Friends!!!

Thanks, that's all for now. Peace.

No comments: