Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Great Grandfather's in WWII

My great grandfather recently passed away. John L. Rogowski, Born in St. Paul, MN in March of 1918. He was 92 years old. He served in the US Army in WWII. He served in three places, New Guinea, Australia, and I am unsure where the 3rd place he served in. I will have to ask around. He was in the Pacific Theatre of WWII. At his old age he had a bad case of Alzheimer's. He died on November 31st, 2007 in a Nursing Home in West Salem, WI. For most of his life he resided in La Crosse, WI. And to everyone who knew him, he was know only as, "Grandpa John." Rest in peace Grandpa John! You will be missed dearly!

About the man I was named after: Benjamin Wayne Culbert died in November of 1980, just a few months before I was born (Feburary 7th, 1981) - Benjamin Wayne Culbert served in the US Army in WWII - although I am not sure if he served in the European Theatre, or the Pacific Theatre.

Thank you Grandpa John, and Grandpa Benjamin for your service! The family misses you both.

~Peace~

No comments: