Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A little something

Introduction: As a business student I have learned a valuable lesson when writing in a journal, online blog, article, etc. Always cite your sources and/or references. So I am going to do just that, and cite something from Major Dick Winters: Beyond Band of Brothers, book. The following paragraphs in italics is an exact excerpt from his book. This excerpt can be found in Part Two/Chapter 8 "The Island," on pages 147 and 148... Now that I have cited where I found it, now lets get on with it.

"Leaving Easy Company was the hardest thing I had done in my life. Life in an infantry company is extremely intimate and the result is that men share their collective experiences each and every day. As I reflected on my two years in the company, from a platoon leader at Toccoa to Easy's commanding officer since D-Day, I knew that I was leaving the greatest group of men with whom I had ever served. From the tyrannical tenure of Captain Sobel through my relief, Easy Company had trained and fought as a cohesive unit. At Toccoa, Sobel had constantly screamed at the men and he forced each soldier to stand on his own. You were not supposed to help one another. If you did, Sobel withheld your pass and placed you on extra duty. He was trying to wash the men out. This brought the men closer together as they helped each other with their sprains, in carrying heavy equipment, such as crew-served weapons, mortars, and base plates. Easy Company had to work together to get through each day, and this cohesion intensified as the weeks passed. In time, I noticed that when the men started receiving packages from home, they shared within their squad and within their platoon. When we deployed to England in 1943 the cooperation manifested itself even more when the commissioned officers mutinied because of their fear of going into battle with Captain Sobel. The rebellion was based on true fear of what lay ahead. Fortunately Colonel Sink had intervened to diffuse a highly dangerous situation. And later, of course, when we entered combat, the men continued to share the good and the bad, the tough times and the easy times. From D-Day onward, combat further cemented the closeness that united Easy Company. Stress and combat created a special bond that only exists in an infantry company at war. Hardship and death brought the men together as close as any family or any husband and wife. it was this bond that made Easy Company "a band of brothers" that exists to this day. I was fortunate enough to have been a part of it, but the cohesion that existed in the company was hardly the result of my leadership. The company belonged to the men--the officers were merely the caretakers."

I would like to take this time to say one thing: These outstanding, incredible, brave, superior soldiers of the 101st Airborne, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion, Easy Company - needed leaders. Needed a superior commanding officer. And they got one! In you, Mr Winters, sir! You, nor anyone else can possibly deny that you were one helluva fine officer. Great leader, combat leader, friend to all, fierce, caring of your men's physical and mental health, great tactician and a brilliant decision maker. All of those things, defines what a leader is Mr Winters. You yourself were a Business Student and later a Manager at Nixon Nitration Works, (if my memory serves me well) right? You know what a good leader is, and many others do too. You were the right man to lead those men. It was meant to be! God wanted it that way!

This may sound dumb or whatever, but in the (I hate saying this) old days (lol) people did not want to take credit for themselves. Many thought it was (what's the word I am looking for here) *thinks for a minute* - lets just say, self centered. Everyone helped each other out, had more core values and morals to live by than most of our young people do today (I myself am guilty of this too--but not all the time, I try my best not to be like everyone else who's 26 years old). And I understand the old ways of doing things tells these men to not take credit, tells them 'we just did our jobs, no big deal' and so on. That attitude is very admirable, and very touching. I know they are proud! I am proud of them for doing what they did.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Military pilot who had sex with an 11 year old boy when he was 17!!!
A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAD SEX WITH AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT!!! This pedophile needs to be on a sexual preditor list.
How long did he masterbate and think about having sex with boys? In boot camp? Into his flight training? 20, 25 YEARS OLD??? OLDER???

Anonymous said...

"HELP!! My history is I want to molest children who are too young to speak.
Just like I did my brothers.
Now my brother likes lesbians and I want transsexuals."

How many times did military pilot suck that little boy's dick? How many times did that pedophile suck that child's penis?? Confused how prostitution works, he let the boy drive his car if the boy let him copulate him. He graduated and left the neighborhood before the boy "came of age" so a homosexual pedophile he remains for life. He turned all his brothers into "givers", and one went on to a period of exhibited homosexuality. This mentally ill career military wants his son to have the car in which he first sucked prepubescent penis.
Is there a connection with the transsexual clue with his "wife"?? Is it connected or is this a separate dysfunction?
Was he ever tested? He had a period of sexual promiscuity after enlistment in an attempt to prove he was a man, desperate to erase his history. Did you ever send an transsexual to see if he would take the bait?? He did:::His wife!!!
Marilyn Manson is a clue about his wife's legacy.
You can only imagine what the military's scathing evaluation of his dysfunctional personality had to say, not to mention what his fellow pilots thought. He had no business being there.
The greeks don't want no freaks. Should have killed himself like he was invited to in his movie.
The pedophile wants to reach up her dress and fondle her penis.