Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What about you?

Almost every single Grandfather, Great Grandfather or Great Uncle has been in the Army. Grandpa Strickland was in the Army during Korea. Grandpa Kolkind was in the Guard between Korea and Vietnam and never went overseas. Great Uncle Jim was in the Army, and I do not think he went overseas. Great Grandfathers Vernon Culbert, John Rogoswki and Ben Culbert all were in the Army and served in WWII. John served in New Guinea and Australia. Ben and Vernon were brothers I think, and both if I am not mistaken served in the European Theater. Great Grandpa Whitwam was in WWII in the European Theater. Grandpa Nichols was in the Army and I think he also served in WWII, and if I am not mistaken I do believe my Great Grandpa Kinderman was also in WWII with the Army in Europe. As you can see I have a long line of Grandfathers and Great Uncles who served in the Military in the 40's, 50's and 60's. Grandpa Silbuagh was gay, and I am not exactly sure if he ever served or not. He sure was grumpy for his age, maybe he did. I do not know for sure. Thanks for reading.

~Peace~

No comments: